Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Randomness

There is something comforting about a big dog, even if said dog would beat you back into the house should actual danger arise. Last night we heard something outside (while the ducks were still outside) and we all (me, Husband, Jazzy - the australian shepherd, Vikki - the french brittany, and Cleo - the chihuahua) all ran out onto the back porch. Jazzy and Vikki ran down to check on the ducks while Cleo did her little spitting-half barking thing from the top step (closest to the door). I just love that about a big dog, how she'll run right into the fire with you, and for some reason you feel safer with her by your side, even though she isn't trained in any way, shape or form to protect you from anything, except perhaps a slobber-free face or fur-free sheets.

When someone walks into your office and goes, "what are you working on right now?" - it is best to say, "Oh, just this return for blah, blah, blah" or something else legitimate. It is not recommended that you say what first pops into your head, which is, "I'm trying to write a blog post - what do you want??" Especially if that person is a member of senior management. I'm just sayin'.

Husband has been sick the last few days, just a cold (NOT the swine flu, regardless of how many times my MIL says, "Are you sure it isn't the swine flu??") but he is feeling much better. And I'm pretty sure it isn't going to rain today, so we might actually get to weed our garden tonight. Which would be an amazing thing because the weeds are getting taller than the plants and harvestins is going to be impossible soon! Plus, I need to get the tomatoes staked up better before they get much bigger. I can't wait for that first juicy tomato...I have a plate and salt shaker all ready for the occassion!

Garden bounty so far: 1 yellow squash, 2 cucumbers.

3 comments:

  1. I love big dogs! :) Though in our house it's actually "the smaller the dog, the bigger the hypothetical balls". Or "the bigger the dog, the bigger the coward!"

    So, is the MIL a jokester or a fatalist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How rude of management to interrupt your blogging ;-) My boss once walked into my office while I had my feet up on the desk and was doing my nails, and I just stared at him without stopping. I only realized what I was doing *after* (It just means we're focused. That's good in an employee!)

    Hope Husband feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My MIL is a fatalist, without a doubt. She is the biggest hand-wringing worrier I know, always expecting the worst. And yet, overall, she's not really a negative person. Its interesting.

    Husband is feeling MUCH better now, thank you!

    ReplyDelete