Friday, June 19, 2009

It's Tractor-tastic!

Here it is, and it truly is tractor-tastic!! Farmer K (aka "Husband") mowed an amazing portion of the yard last night in about 30 minutes...what would have easily taken an hour, maybe 2 hours on the riding mower. So now I'll do around the house on the riding mower and he can do all the, um...outlying areas with the finish mower on the tractor. Since our vehicles always have names, we'll have to name this dude as well...any suggestions?? Oh, and as an added bonus, if you click on the picture and blow it up to full size, you can see my weed patch...er...garden inside the fence on the hill back there. Tonight, I have every intention of getting in there and weeding, even if I am up to my unmentionables in mud!! There might be more yummy things in there and if I don't get it weeded, I'll never know!!

Our strawberry plant (Maybel) has 8 berries!! She has been growing them for an age though...how long can it take to make a strawberry?!?!?

Not much else happening that I care to talk about. The in-laws came over last night to work on the tractor (one of the blades on the mower got messed up...its fixed now). My MIL washed dishes and cleaned my kitchen while I studied. That wasn't awkward/embarassing/uncomfortable or anything. Then she offered to come over and clean the house while we were at work if we needed her to or if we were going to have company or something. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my MIL and she really does mean well, but it would not have been possible for her to make me feel more like shit, or more unworthy if she had been trying to. So, also on the agenda this weekend is cleaning the house apparently. (Imagine how it would have gone had I not dusted and swept the floor before she got there!!). So this weekend is going to be super busy. I'm going to try to work until 5pm tonight (if I can hold out), then I'm going to try to work in the garden some (because its supposed to rain AGAIN tonight), I need to study (I"m a day behind and the exam is coming up on July 1!!), there is the usual laundry, the house needs cleaning, need to clean the guinea brooder and devise a lid for it as one of them escaped last night, we need to get the guinea/duck house area constructed, and we're going to my sister's for my niece's 1st birthday party on Saturday.

I really gotta find a job working 2 days and being off 5.

2 comments:

  1. tractor names... hmmmm...
    Otis?
    Bob? (my default name until I actually got a good friend named Bob)
    Bubba?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've named your strawberry plant!

    ReplyDelete